Prayer log: September 2014
Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement…we rely on them. Here’s the top things on our minds for the next month, and some feedback from answered prayers from our last month. Thank you for praying for us, and/or just being concerned with what is important to us!
We are grateful:
1. For the successful testing, commissioning, and dedication of the new water tank. Water is flowing!
2. For the selfless service of short-term docs from overseas who have kept patient services going during the months of July and August, a period when almost all of our long-term docs have been on Home Assignment.
3. For good liaison and coordination with the Kenya Ministry of Health for Ebola planning: there are no reported cases in Kenya, and it has been critical to plan ahead.
4. For a restful holiday, camping near Lake Naivasha.
5. For a powerful development workshop with the SIM Kijabe team, brainstorming and aligning on our new team mission statement, values, and commitments.
Please pray for:
1. Mardi, as she leads a strategic planning retreat for our doctors this month, and works towards launching a new medical structure.
2. Andy, as he works with the new leaders of the SIM Kijabe team to launch the new team structure.
3. Mardi, for daily grace and love in the midst of challenges and leadership.
4. Safety, in the face of increasing security risks.