Thank you for praying for us, and/or just being concerned with what is important to us. Here’s a snapshot of a few things we’re grateful for in the previous couple of months, and what we need prayer for in the coming one.
We are grateful:
1. That a fellow colleague has agreed to serve as Medical Director when Mardi steps down as planned in October this year (after her repeatedly-extended three year term is up)! Serving in executive management is not something that medical doctors in low resource settings aspire to, and we are incredibly grateful that Rich has accepted this servant role.
2. For clarity for Andy that his work as a management and projects consultant for ministries and charities working in low-resource settings should be the focus of his efforts in the future.
3. That we were able to adopt a delightful new kitten. Avery Lola is now in training to be the mouse and rat-catcher that she was adopted to be. And delighting the children with literally every move she makes.
4. That after a solid month of illnesses and hospitalizations, we are all healthy again.
5. For an encouraging SIM medical leadership conference here in Kenya. It was encouraging and helpful for us to see that SIM shares our passion for a holistic ministry which goes beyond words and into demonstration of the good news of Jesus.
Please pray for:
1. Andy, as he travels to the Republic of Congo (Brazzaville) in the first week of July to undertake project planning for a mission hospital project.
2. A fruitful visit by a visiting team from Southland Vineyard Church in the second and third weeks of July.
3. Mardi, as she winds down a busy and tiring three year term as Medical Director and prepares to hand over medical leadership to her successor.
4. Riley and Liam, as they finish up the school year at RVA (mid-July) and enter into a six week vacation before the new school year starts in early September.
5. Our ministry funds need: we need to raise about $13,000 to fund our ministry/work expenses, due to some major car repairs last year!